Wednesday, November 26, 2008

DAY 2 - Ready Set Action

Wow, last night was the second class and it was non stop action. We had about 12 students in the class and we had an active and productive time. We started with the normal warm ups and reviewed the 360 defense. Which meant we moved into application of this defense. With student paired up with student to try and defend them selves from outside in attacks (roundhouses, knives, haymakers, etc.) The guy I was paired up with was about 6'4" it was a very realistic thing for me to be paired up with someone so much taller as I am 5'5". After that we had combatives, punching drills. Man punching drills get you into to shape. My arms are still tired and it is 10 hours later. After the all of this we moved into fun applications if you think getting hit with a pad by two people over and over is fun. :-) We did the 360 on the floor and standing up with two others hitting us with large pads that we had to defend against. When we were on the floor someone else would come up and try to attack from the feet and we would have to defend against this as well. Finally we stood in a circle with one person in the middle. The person in the middle would have to defend themselves against knives, sticks, chokes, holds, kicks, punches, etc. and to add to the difficulty they had their eyes closed and the attackers would call out their name and then attack. Pretty cool stuff.

What I like about KM is the physical and mental discipline and the fact that it pushes you to defend yourself. I also really enjoy the real-life application.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I saw you Try to get out of bed after the first day, I am sure it will get better! (I am his wife:) Glad you are loving it Babe!

    ReplyDelete